RE: Universal Accessibility

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:26:45 -0400
 To:  <mburks952(at)worldnet.att.net>,
<hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 8:45 AM -0400 2001/7/28, Michael R. Burks wrote:
>lets talk about cost:
>In my view the real customer is the user of the site.  If they cannot get
>the information they seek then they will go elsewhere.  That is a high cost.
>I would also suggest that organizations that continue to behave in this
>manner may have other major problems not related to accessibility.  So
>beware....

Mike, I agree with everything else you said, so I cut that out, but I
am not sure if it is true that "the real customer is the user" when
you are dealing with a typical relationship between a web contractor
and a site owner.  It's -very- difficult for the web developer to
be in the sole advocate for the user, and ultimate it's not their
job.  At best all the developer can do is try to educate the client,
but when it comes down to it, the client is paying the bills and
must get what they are paying for (even it's crap).  The end user
of the site never pays the developer.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>